- In Second Life, IM me as "Hamlet Au"
- Email me at wjamesau at well dot com
- On Twitter, follow me as "SLHamlet"
- On Plurk, I'm "Hamlet_Au"
- On Facebook, I'm Wagner James Au
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO AND BACKGROUND: HERE.
NWN READER COMMENT GUIDELINES:
I generally moderate reader comments according to a "cocktail party host" standard: intelligent and productive comments encouraged, with disagreement also encouraged-- as long as it's civil and constructive. Personal attacks, general boorishness, potentially libelous comments removed, often without warning, with repeat offenders quietly shown the door (i.e. banned from Comments).
SUBMITTING TIPS FOR NWN STORIES
Story ideas for New World Notes are always and gratefully accepted, with public credit and thanks to the tipster if the story is published. Contact me via Instant Message ("Hamlet Au").
CONTRIBUTING TO NWN
I'm actively looking for freelance contributors to New World Notes, people with insights and stories on the cultural, social, political, and economic scene of Second Life. E-mail me a 2-3 sentence "pitch" of the article or editorial you'd like to write, and when possible, writing samples. [Important: I'm looking for regular contributors who can write once or twice a month on a given topic or theme. Less interested in one-off submissions.]
Parameters for the ideal NWN contributor post:
- 500 to 2000 words
- Strong opening paragraph
- In the 2nd or 3rd paragraph, a "nutgraf": paragraph that summarizes the story or editorial's thesis and "big picture" theme
- One-three .jpegs illustrating the story or contributor
- Stories involving inter-resident conflicts must offer opposing parties a chance to state their case
- Content reviews (games, builds, fashion, etc) considered-- pitch me ideas
- Regular column ideas (advice, how-to, financial analysis, etc.) considered-- pitch me your idea
- Machinima "news reel" and podcasts also considered-- pitch the idea before shooting/recording
- Absolutely no commercial promotion in itself, especially outside corporate promotion. Disclose any personal or financial relationship to Residents featured in the story
I pay in L$ commensurate with experience. NWN contributors retain IP rights on their story, and will be able to include a plug to their SL-related blog, business, and/or upcoming activity. Regular NWN contributors will get a permanent ad on NWN's front page for the duration of that role.