ALL ABOUT MY AVATAR: MING CHEN (TSL)
"I took this snapshot on my mini-island on the private island of Foobar Salad," Ming announces. "My avatar has generally morphed over time with the main inspiration to look nice to be around, and, at the same time, professional and able to do business... The jacket and glasses were made by me, because I couldn't find something exactly how I wanted it on the grid.
"The skin and eyes were created by one of the best male skin designers on the teen grid (Wicked Louden) and the shirt and tie was made by 'the awesome' Steven Moseley (I bought all of the clothes he sells.) The hair, if I remember correctly, is made by Heather Quasimodo, and the watch was designed by Kaira Overdrive. Not shown are the shoes made by Paulie Cinquetti and dark pants which came from the Basic Store (owned by the Lindens, and free!)
"I am 17 in real life," he concludes, "and I have played Second Life since September 2003. I will be moving to the adult grid in the middle of May." When he will, one assumes, take over the place.
If you're on the Teen Grid and want to enter your avatar in the Expo, here are guidelines for submission:
- Take 1-3 screenshots of your avatar at its most amazing. Make sure they're .jpegs that are well lit, close-up, and detailed, and without the interface in the shot.
- No Photoshopping or other post-production; in-world particle effects and other "natural" elements are fine.
- Try to include a cool background in the image.
- No pics over 500K please!
- Include a description of your avatar, where you took the screenshot, how you customized the avatar, and what you like about it most. Also tell us what inspired you to create it. - Be sure to include your avatar name for credit. If you like, include your RL age.
- E-mail them and the description to email@example.com
- Deadline is April 1st!