Intriguing on many levels, I found Jade's profile of an expectant couple on his Koinup profile. A seasoned Second Life photographer, "I've had some couples come to me," explains Jade, asking him "to take a picture of them [where] the woman was pregnant." He created poses for that purpose, and asked a couple of friends (the woman's avatar suitably adjusted to simulate pregnancy), to show them off in this image-- and also, "to show how much SL can be real." After creating the screenshot, he added several layers of after-image effects, which he details here.
Submitting to New World Tableau:
New World Tableau is an ongoing album featuring Residents who've turned SL screenshots into a new art form, vividly conveying emotions, stories, and entire cultures in a single image.
- If you come across a picture or image stream that deserves a place
here, please IM (Hamlet Au) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) me the
link. Please e-mail me the image as a file link, or attached as an .jpeg or .gif, as long as it's under a meg in size.
- Submission tip: I regularly check the SL screenshot stream of New World Notes partner Koinup, an MMO social network-- consider creating an account there.
- Submitting as an in-world texture not recommended, as they often come out distorted and not high res.
- Feel free to describe what the image says to you, or if you're the creator, what inspired you to make it.
- Whenever possible, name the Residents pictured, and include a SLURL to the location (when appropriate.)
- Moderately Photoshopped images are OK, just mention if this is the case, and what effects were added. (On rare occasions when the post-production adds a special element, heavily Photoshopped images are also appropriate.)
- If you submit an image to NWT, it's assumed I have permission to run it, either as the owner, or because it's been appropriately CC licensed. The original creator retains all their rights to it, in any case.