New World Tableau: "Violin" by Kimberly Mirabeau
Ms. Mirabeau's "Violin" came out of an art gallery challenge with "Body Parts" as a theme (and perhaps some unconscious evoking of the surrealist Man Ray), and there's such fine detail to it, you definitely want to see the large version here. "Post processing was done in Photoshop CS3 and really, the body was just liquified, and a few small touches with overlays." The hair is actually a merging of two pieces purchased off Renderosity. "These are premade digitally hand-painted hair styles in PSD format. They come un-colored. I took these 2 styles in Photoshop and warped, twisted and liqufied them into submission. Recolored them a nice vibrant red to pop from the black background."
Submitting to New World Tableau:
New World Tableau is an ongoing album featuring Residents who've turned SL screenshots into a new art form, vividly conveying emotions, stories, and entire cultures in a single image.
- If you come across a picture or image stream that deserves a place
here, please IM (Hamlet Au) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) me the link. Please e-mail me the image as a file link, or attached as an .jpeg or .gif, as long as it's under a meg in size.
- Submission tip: I regularly check the SL screenshot stream of New World Notes partner Koinup, an MMO social network-- consider creating an account there.
- Submitting as an in-world texture not recommended, as they often come out distorted and not high res.
- Feel free to describe what the image says to you, or if you're the creator, what inspired you to make it.
- Whenever possible, name the Residents pictured, and include a SLURL to the location (when appropriate.)
- Moderately Photoshopped images are OK, just mention if this is the case, and what effects were added. (On rare occasions when the post-production adds a special element, heavily Photoshopped images are also appropriate.)
- If you submit an image to NWT, it's assumed I have permission to run it, either as the owner, or because it's been appropriately CC licensed. The original creator retains all their rights to it, in any case.