Linden Lab Adds SL Content Specialty Roles (Art, Fashion, Games, Etc.) to Product Team - Here's How to Contact Them
Linden Lab's product team now has specialty roles for specific varieties of SL content, and is actively encouraging content creators to get in touch with them to address specific issues in their expertise. This was another important point raised during yesterday's SLCC keynote, where many of these specialists appeared (pictured above.) Here's their specialty and contact info:
- Art - Durian Linden - durian at lindenlab dot com
- Gaming & Breedables - Gez Linden - gez at lindenlab dot com
- Roleplaying - Esbee Linden - esbee at lindenlab dot com
- Adult - Charlar Linden - charlar at lindenlab dot com
- Education - Geo Linden - geo at lindenlab dot com
- Music - Nya Linden - nya at lindenlab dot com
- Fashion- Cassanda Linden - cassandra at lindenlab dot com
As a former Linden who did some production while not writing New World Notes, here's my personal advice on reaching them. (If you prefer other means, Lindens, please note that in Comments):
- Contact them via e-mail, not IM and especially not for the love of sanity SL notecards: IM messages are easily lost, and for many reasons, in-world notecards are by far the most incandescently ridiculous way of attempting to communicate with someone who is not extensively in SL during their leisure time (i.e. a Linden who's generally in-world to work.)
- Clearly convey your point in the subject and the very first sentence of the e-mail: Failure to do so increases the chances they'll miss the reason you're writing.
- Keep your first e-mail under 250 words: Anything longer is a strong incentive to reply at a later date (or not at all.) If they want more details, they'll ask.
- Include your SL name and real life name in the e-mail: I'm amazed at how many people fail to include their SL name. I also recommend including your real name to establish your credibility and seriousness. Generally speaking, professional content creators should not tether their brand to a single platform. Address Lindens as peers, not fans, and they'll treat you as such.
I can just imagine the requests and suggestions these folks will get. ("Three words, Charlar: Adjustable avatar taint.")