Cloud Party's New, More Customizable Avatars Come With Many More Fashionista-Friendly Features
Cloud Party now has new avatars that are much more customizable -- above, some posted to a Cloud Party user forum. "You can now customize the shape of the body with sliders," CEO Sam Thompson tells me, "there are color and material choices on all of the clothes, custom skin colors, hair colors, makeup colors, etc. The cool thing is that both the shape and color customizers are definable by content creators, so they can now make customizers for different colors on their clothes (for example) that are accessible to the purchaser directly in the outfit creator! Those who create whole new avatars types can define shape animations that will create shape sliders for users of that custom avatar type."
This new update, Sam adds, also comes with features that should especially please fashionistas like Iris -- look:
- "Saving and loading custom outfits
- A fashion camera for taking self portraits
- A new "Orbit Camera" that lets you focus on objects in the world and check them out from different angles (hold down 'alt' and click to initiate it)
- Control improvements meant to improve camera controls on laptops and trackpads without multiple mouse buttons
- Built-in sit animations for chairs and sofas
- Improvements to the script system including loops"
More notes from Sam:
"We're going to release an 'Avatar Development Kit' in the next couple days, once we get some feedback and testing on the new avatars. This will include rigs for animators, the body geometry to use for clothes makers, and sample clothes including normal maps and textures so that fashion designers have starting templates to work with. There are more avatar features in the works as well: face customization sliders, animatable fingers, and many more emotes, clothes, and hair options. Those should be coming out over the next month or so."
So there you go. To me the avatars still look too doll-like and expressionless, but seems to me avatar evolution is heading in the right direction.
From left to right, avatars by lilli, ryanschultz, and Mykael.Tweet