I haven't received any official word from Linden Lab about the departure of their CEO Rod Humble (who announced his departure on his Facebook page last Friday afternoon), but my guess is we're about to get such a word (along with even larger news, perhaps), very soon. Until then, here's just a few of the news items for features Rod Humble added to Second Life and Linden Lab in the last couple years. First, from 2012:
- Coming Soon: Linden Realms Tools for SL Game Developers, Like Auto-Teleporting & Auto-Equipping Players
- Lindens Buy Adventure Game Studio, Aq-Hires A.I. Innovator
- Linden Launches New SL Game Area to Boost Subscribers
- Why SL's Coming to Steam: To Draw Gamers Who Enjoy "Things Like Garry's Mod", Says Linden CEO Rod Humble (Note: This has not happened yet.)
- The Second Life of Linden Lab: Re-branded Company No Longer World Builder, But "Maker of Shared Creative Spaces"
- Patterns, Linden Lab's Minecraft-Style Game, Now Available for Minecraft-Style "Genesis" Pre-Order of $9.95
And from 2013:
- Linden Lab Continues Embracing Future of Content Creation on Tablets with Purchase of iPad Game Blocksworld
- Linden Lab's iOS Apps Versu & Creatorverse Performing So-So (So Far)
- Rod Humble: Linden Lab Already Integrated Oculus Rift with Second Life, Fine Tuning It Now, Videos Coming Soon (NOTE: Also still waiting on this)
- Linden Lab's Desura Purchase Basically Bid To Compete With Steam for the UGC Market
- Linden Lab Restores 50% Land Discounts for Educations & Non-Profits in SL -- But Will They Come Back?
- Upcoming Second Life Graphic Improvements (Region Caching & Contextual Loading) Should Help Grow Userbase
Just an abbreviated list from recent history - what Humble highlights stand out for you (if humbly so)?
Please share this post: