Just days away from 2017, here's the New World Notes stories from 2016 that I think are likeliest to be most relevant to news next year -- at least as points of reference:
- May 2016: VR Users Report Experiencing Matrix/Cartesian-esque Confusion Between the Virtual & the Real
- August 2016: How Many Premium VR Devices Will Sell by 2020? Bloomberg/Gartner's Forecast Suggests 42 Million
- August 2016: Does IDC Really Think We'll Buy 225 Million+ AR/VR Devices By 2020? That's Faster Adoption Than the iPhone!
- October 2016: Virtual Hype, Real Numbers: Total Projected VR Install Base for 2016 Under 6.25 Million
- October 2016: Why I Told Wired That Linden Lab & High Fidelity Are Gambling Their Companies on VR's Highly Unknown Future
Several more below:
- November 2016: What Dealing With Second Life Griefing Can Teach Developers of New VR Social Worlds
- November 2016: "Trump Won Because He Understood the Digital is Real" - Top Anthropologist on How to Study the President-Elect's Online Following
- November 2016: Trump Appoints Ex-Virtual World Company CEO & Gamergate Advocate as Top Presidential Adviser
- November 2016: Can High Fidelity & Sansar Win the Social VR War?
- December 2016: High Fidelity Gets New $22 Million Investment to Grow Virtual Reality Platform
Did I miss any?
Please share this post: