According to site analytics service SimilarWeb, visits to SecondLife.com have dropped from 15 million a month in August 2016 to 13.6 million in January 2017. That's consistent with Linden Lab's recent report that "the total number of monthly actives has come down" in recent years. Another notable data point from SimilarWeb is that 28% of traffic to SecondLife.com comes from hundreds of third party sites, the top five of which are these below:
- Seraphim, an SL events and sales directory. (Over 500,000 monthly visits.)
- GoldTokens, a Second Life gaming community service. (About 60,000 monthly visits.)
- secondlife.virtualworldsland.com, an SL fansite portal. (About 164,000 monthly visits.)
- teleporthub.com, an SL shopping directory. (About 52,000 monthly visits.)
- secondlife.virtualworldgames3d.com, another community fansite portal. (About 152,000 monthly visits.)
Explore more data here. Like any analytics service, SimilarWeb isn't perfect (its data for New World Notes isn't consistent with my own internal data, for instance), but has useful insights all the same.